The UK Immigration: ID Check app lets you confirm your identity online as part of a visa application.
If you use this app, you will not have to attend an appointment to confirm your identity.
Who can use the app
• EU, European Economic Area (EEA) and Swiss citizens
• British national (overseas) visa (BNO) applicants who have a BNO or Hong Kong Special Administrative Region (HKSAR) passport
• Graduate visa applicants who have a UK biometric residence permit (BRP)
Before you start
You must follow the steps in the online application form before using the app.
You will need to be in a well-lit area, so you can take a good quality photograph of yourself.
You will need (one of the following):
• a biometric residence permit (BRP) - if you’re applying for a graduate visa and are not from the EU, European Economic Area (EEA) or a Swiss citizen, you must use a BRP
• a passport that has a chip (also called a ‘biometric passport’)
How it works
You will need to:
1. Take an image of your document.
2. Read the chip in your document using your phone.
3. Scan your face using your phone.
4. Take a photograph of yourself for your digital status.
What happens next
The app only helps confirm your identity. You must still complete the rest of your application. We will tell you how to do this when you finish using the app.
Privacy and security
The app is safe and secure. Your personal information will not be stored in the app or on the phone when you finish using it.
We recommend you use this app on Android 8 or above. For information on staying safe online please visit the UK Cyber Aware website.
Our Accessibility Statement can be found at:
开发者：UK Visas and Immigration
本站入库日期: 2021年9月15日 09:28